The Kaduna State Government has said the number of persons affected by Saturday’s explosion could not be ascertained until investigations have been carried out.
Samuel Aruwan, Commissioner, Internal Security and Home Affairs, said this in an interview with NAN.
“Search and rescue is in progress but we have had case of injured persons that have been rushed to the hospital for medical attention,” he said.
Aruwan assured that the state government would stop the operation of gas sales in residential areas.
Paul Aboi, Director, Kaduna State Fire Service, said that the gas explosion took place in a compact place where there were shops operating.
He said the situation was put under control by men of the fire service in combined efforts of the Police, Civil Defence, Red Cross and the Federal Road Safety Corps.
Aboi said those who sustained severe injuries as a result of the blast had been rushed to the hospital for intensive care.
The the incident occurred at about 2:00 p.m. on Kachia road by Anguwn Boro in Kaduna.
Affairsofnaija Reports (AON)