It was an exciting time at the GIVO Earth Day Exhibition on Friday, April 22, 2022. Themed: Invested in the Earth, the GIVO Exhibition was organized to highlight the impact of man-made activities on the Earth’s current state, showcase GIVO’s contribution to a waste-free environment, and kick-start conversations around the future of recycling and a circular economy in Africa.
The exhibition explored the following areas:
- Proven systems that strengthen recycling value chains across municipalities
- The role of technology and digitization in formalizing the informal waste management ecosystem
- The process of utilizing recyclable materials to facilitate a circular economy
- The environmental & economic implications of the adoption of the circularity concept.
In attendance at the event were members of the Abuja Environmental Protection Board, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), National Environmental Standards and Regulations Enforcement Agency (NESREA), The World Bank, Federal Ministry of Environment, government parastatals, recyclers, and eco-conscious individuals who commended the GIVO solution and expressed interest in promoting and amplifying its vision.
They were also privileged to receive opening remarks from Yuzurio Susumu, the Chief Representative of the Japan International Cooperation Agency, and Collins Omokaro, Special Adviser to the Honorable Minister of Industry, Trade, and Investment.
The Exhibition was a highly immersive experience, with practical demonstrations of the three major levers that make up GIVO and facilitate our mission to make recycling convenient, sustainable and rewarding. These levers include:
- GIVO technology: Powered by the Internet of Things (IoT) technology and Artificial Intelligence, the GIVO technology ensures efficiency and digitization of operations. This technology is integrated with mobile apps, web, and USSD platforms making it easy for users to deposit their recyclables, and receive incentives and other benefits. More details here
- GIVO Impact: At GIVO, not only are we reducing waste and environmental pollution, but we are also providing economic opportunities and wealth creation for underserved communities. This is evidenced by our impact in creating over 25 full-time jobs for women and youth, providing over N600,000 in incentives, and reducing carbon emissions into the environment by 50 metric tons. More details here
- GIVO Living: By providing an end-to-end recycling solution, GIVO is not only collecting recyclable materials from households and the environment, but also processing these materials into useful consumer and industrial goods such as furniture, and industrial fittings, and as sustainable alternatives in construction and design. More details here
Speaking about the event, Victor Boyle-Komolafe, the co-founder and CEO of GIVO mentioned that this exhibition is one of many that GIVO would organize shortly to spread the word about sustainability and recycling in Nigeria and get people involved. He also expressed that the need for convenient and efficient recycling solutions in Nigeria could not be overemphasized and GIVO is perfectly positioned as a sustainable solution to the waste problem in Africa.
For inquiries and partnerships, contact:
Stay connected via our social media pages:
Facebook: GIVO Africa
LinkedIn: GIVO Africa
This content has been published for free as part of BellaNaija.com‘s commitment to youth, education, healthcare, and community development as part of our corporate social responsibility program
NSCDC Trains Katsina Command Operatives in Peace, Conflict Resolution
Conflict resolution NSCDC trains Katsina Command operatives in peace The Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps organized a training...
Davido, WizKid, Burna Boy To Perform At Afro Nation 2022
A three-day celebration of Afrobeats will feature Burna Boy, Davido and Wizkid performing on different days. Other global artists like...
Kumuyi launches empowerment programme for youths
On Saturday, the Deeper Christian Life Ministry launched Young Eagles Soaring, an empowerment program to help youths learn professional skills....
Poor Health Services Amid Nigerians’ Right Under National Insurance Act
Poor Health Services Despite Nigerians’ Rights under the National Insurance Act Nigeria’s healthcare delivery has been faced with major...
Again, gunmen attack Kogi police station, kill cop
On Friday, suspected gunmen attacked the Okehi Area Command for the Nigeria Police at Eika-Ohizenyi within the Okehi Local Government...
Foundation Advocates Creation Of Craniofacial Unit In LAUTECH
Dr Seidu Bello is the executive director of Cleft and Facial Deformity Foundation and has asked for the creation of...
We’re Investing $10.8m To Aid Safe Births In Public Hospitals – Onyemelukwe
In this interview with the director, Public Affairs, Communications and Sustainability, Coca-Cola Nigeria, Nwamaka Onyemelukwe, she details what her organisation...
PCN seals 358 pharmacies, others in Abuja
The Pharmacists Council of Nigeria sealed approximately 358 pharmacies in Abuja and patent medicine shops. Ibrahim Ahmed, the Registrar of...
BBNaija Updates4 weeks ago
[Full Video] Watch Nigerian Tiktoker Black Chully Viral N@k3d video
Entertainment4 months ago
Hotkid – Suliya – Download Mp3
Schools4 months ago
Form 2022 Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Registration Instructions and Guidelines
News2 months ago
10 Years Old Girl – Chrisland School Girl Viral Video (Watch)
Jobs3 months ago
Affiliate Marketing 2022: Easy Ways to Make Money
Entertainment3 months ago
BN Hot Topic: The Thing About Hitting Someone When Angered
Schools3 months ago
Application form for Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board Recruitment 2022/2023
Tech4 months ago
Amstel Malta and Tecno hosts special exclusive women’s forum in celebration of International Women’s Day 2022